Peace is coming

Never have I seen so much tragedy strike in the first week of the new year. My heart breaks. My heart breaks for many people - some I have never met, as well as some who are very dear to me. Last night as I was driving home from work, I was begging the Lord to bring comfort and peace...and all I could hear was, "My darling, there will be hope in the future. I promise. Peace is coming." With tears in my eyes, I began longing for heaven in a way that I have never longed for it before. I dreamt of peace. I dreamt of a place with no pain, no tears - a place where everything is as it should be. Through my tears, I pleaded with God to return soon. [Lord Jesus, how long until you relieve your children from such pain? How long until you take us out of this painful world and into your eternal glory?] Once again, I heard the Spirit say, "My darling, peace is coming."

Lord Jesus, come quickly...