You trusted in your beauty.

I have so many weaknesses... so many things the Lord has had to reconstruct within me. I am impatient, short-tempered, discontent, materialistic, and selfish, to name a few. Quite frankly, I define human err. My heart wants what it wants and often times I find myself seeking after such incredible waste. Yet, I never cease to be amazed at the Lord's ability to knock me off my feet. When I fall, I fall hard. When I fail, I fail miserably. What can I say, I'm an "all or nothing" type of woman.

For this reason, I have always loved Ezekiel's raw account of the allegory of the unfaithful Jerusalem. Maybe it impacts me so greatly because in my own life I have often shown such blatant unfaithfulness to my Lord... maybe it impacts me so greatly because of the way he portrays the Lord's beautiful, unwavering pursuit of his wandering children... or maybe it's the repulsive, yet captivating picture he paints that moves me.

If you haven't read it, I suggest you do. Read it over and over and over again. Grab your favorite pen and mark, write, draw all over it. Allow it to haunt you. Allow it to stir you... trust me, it will.

But you trusted in your beauty and played the whore... [Ezekiel 16:15a]