Peaceful melancholy

I am starting to realize just how much my life is changing. A part of me hoped that when we moved, my relationships would not be altered a great deal. However, I am learning just how ignorant I was to hope for that. Life changes. Relationships change. I am changing. Though not all change is bad, it is still difficult. I am about to move far away from the life I have known for four years. I am about to say goodbye to the best friends I have ever had. I am about to start my life over. I'm scared, nervous, and so very excited for what God has in store. God has been so faithful and has made it so very clear that this is the time for me and Jeremiah to pack up our little loft and go start a new life. I am sure thankful for my husband. He is indeed God's greatest blessing to me, and knowing that I have him makes this change very bearable. The funny thing with me and change is that I always welcome it with open arms. I jump at the chance for change, without always thinking about the difficulties of it. But then, once the reality of it sets it, I am overwhelmed. Currently, I am overwhelmed. There are people I wish I could bring with me. There are relationships I pray do not diminish due to distance. There are relationships I know will undoubtedly diminish due to distance. Though I am overwhelmed with all of this change and the emotions that come with it, I am finally beginning to rest peacefully in the reality that my life is indeed changing, and I cannot stop it, nor do I want too.

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." [Anatole France]